Monday, November 15, 2010

Hero Worship



We all need a Hero.

Someone who rescues us from a horrible fate.

Now, a Hero doesn’t have to be someone who runs into a burning building to save an invalid, a small child, or even a kitten. Sometimes a Hero is just someone who restores your faith.

I think I found a new Hero – Senator Charles ‘Chuck’ Grassley. He’s helped restore my faith in the US Government.




Senator Grassley, an Iowa Republican, has been pushing to limit the influence of drugmakers over the practice of medicine.

Unlike a lot of his fellow legislators, Senator Grassley obviously gets it – and he wants to fix it. He realizes that medical decisions should be based upon history, research and experience – and not on the ‘advice’ of a cute blond 20-something bearing a platter of sandwiches and a briefcase full of free drug samples.

I don’t live in Iowa, and I don’t plan on moving there, so, unless he decides to run for a higher office, I don’t think that I will ever get the privilege of voting for Senator Grassley. I would, however, love, one day, to get the opportunity to shake his hand and tell him: “Well done, Senator Grassley – the nation needs 99 more Senators just like you”.


***** Found this Interesting, Entertaining or Informative? Please read the complete blog at: *****
http://healthcarehullabalo.blogspot.com/


Free Blog Counter


No comments:

Post a Comment