Friday, September 2, 2011

Golden Girls


Mystery solved.

I’m well into my 50’s, and I take 4 prescription medicines on a regular basis. I have a prescription plan, and I try to stick with generics whenever I can, so my monthly outlay for prescription drugs isn’t all that terrible. Sadly, the same thing can’t be said by many of our Senior Citizens.

I was working in a practice recently, and they told me that many of their older patients have as many as 25 different prescription medicines. Wow.



While I found this rather shocking, it did answer several questions that were nagging me. First of all, I now know why many restaurants offer smaller sized portions for seniors. After taking all of their pills, they probably have very little room for food in their stomachs.



The second mystery (now solved) is why old ladies carry such humungous purses. All those meds must take up a lot of room.

Who knew that Big Pharms influence reached into the hospitality and the fashion industries? I think that I smell a conspiracy here. Or maybe that perceived smell is just a side effect from one of my meds.

***** Found this Interesting, Entertaining or Informative? Please read the complete blog at: *****
http://healthcarehullabalo.blogspot.com/

Who are you? Do you agree with me, disagree with me, or have another perspective to share?

PLEASE put your 2 cents in by leaving a comment or email me at HealthcareBlog@SystematixOnline.com



Thanks for reading!

Free Blog Counter






My Zimbio
Top Stories



No comments:

Post a Comment