Friday, April 29, 2011

Blast From The Past


I remember this PSA (Public Service Announcement for those of you who never had kids in the TV Tech Department) from way back in the 1970’s. It was always one of my favorites:




I always wondered whatever happened to the fellow who played the magician in this classic commercial - until the other day when I was in one of my client’s medical offices. I happened to over hear the presentation of an older pharmaceutical rep.




Yes, he was now much older and silver haired. His voice had deepened with age and was a bit raspy. Yet, his pitch to the doctor was almost identical. Especially when it came to how he answered questions about harmful side effects.

The other thing that makes me smile about this commercial is the kid’s answer about marijuana:

“They’re not sure about it. They just started studying about it”

40 years down the road, and the opponents of Medical Marijuana are still using this very same line. I guess you got to stick with what works. It’s interesting how modern pharmaceuticals, cooked up in a chemical reaction vessel in a factory, take a little over 8 years to get FDA approval, yet a funny looking natural plant takes much longer to get approved and accepted. I guess you can’t be too careful with these things….

My final observation about this commercial is how I recalled feeling sorry for the magician at the end when all the kids just said ‘Nah!’, turned around, and walked away from him. I am happy to report that this no longer happens to the magician.

He now brings them a nice lunch, and free tickets to the ball game. No one walks away from Panera’s.




Goat cheese Paninis anyone?




***** Found this Interesting, Entertaining or Informative? Please read the complete blog at: *****
http://healthcarehullabalo.blogspot.com/

Who are you? Do you agree with me, disagree with me, or have another perspective to share?

PLEASE put your 2 cents in by leaving a comment or email me at HealthcareBlog@SystematixOnline.com



Thanks for reading!


Free Blog Counter





Submit Blog - Promote Blog
Submit Blog

blogs jar candles allie marie




My Zimbio
Top Stories

No comments:

Post a Comment